Kuala Lumpur Young Talent Chess Championship 2009
(Incorporating the KL Young Talent Development Program 2009/10)
Organized by the Kuala Lumpur Chess Association (KLCA) and played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess from 25-26 July 2009 at the 2nd Floor, Pearl Point Shopping Mall, Kuala Lumpur.
Format of Play & Time Control:
There will be 3 categories, U13, U-11, and U-9, each over 7 Rounds using the Swiss System and paired with the Swiss Manager program. Each player will be given 45 minutes per round to complete their games.
The Schedule of Play is as follows:
25 Jul 2009 (Sat):
1100-1200 Final Registration
1300-1430 Round 1
1500-1630 Round 2
1700-1830 Round 3
26 Jul 2009 (Sun)
0900-1030 Round 4
1100-1230 Round 5
1300-1430 Round 6
1500-1630 Round 7
- Under 9 (Boys & Girls) - born on or after 2000
- Under 11 (Boys & Girls) - born on or after 1998
- Under 13 (Boys & Girls) - born on or after 1996
KLCA Members*: RM 5
Others: RM 10
*KLCA Junior Membership is available at registration.
The Prizes (in each of the three categories) are:
Champion - RM 150 + trophy
Runner up - RM 100 + trophy
3rd placing - RM 80 + trophy
4th placing - RM 70 + trophy
5th placing - RM 50 + trophy
6th to 10th placing - trophy
If required, the following tie-breaks will apply (in order of priority):
a. Buchholz b. Sonneborn-Berger c. Cumulative
The closing date is 23 July 2009 after which a penalty of RM 10 may apply.
All payments (net of all bank charges) shall be made payable by 23 July 2009 to:
Effective Commerce Sdn. Bhd.
Maybank Berhad, Jalan Yong Shook Lin, Petaling Jaya Branch
Account Number: 514187-214430
Swift Code: MBBEMYKL
(Please retain banking slip for verification at final registration)
For further enquiries, please contact:
a) Mr. Gregory Lau : 012-9020123 or email email@example.com
b) Pn Zuraihah Wazir : 017-6930519
c) Ms. Louisa Yip : 03-2300 1680 Fax: 03-2300 1689
The organizer reserves the right to make any changes to the program or rules as deemed fit.
KL Young Talent Development Program
- The first 3 winners together with the top 3 girls in each category will be invited to join the KL Young Talent Development Program 2009/10. Other participants may also apply to be members and this will be decided by the KLCA Council.
- The KL Young Talent Development Program will run from August 2009 till July 2010 as follows:
- 12 weekend training sessions throughout the year.
- Free entry to KL Open and representation of KLCA in team competitions where possible.
- Special 4 day boot camp during long school terms break.
- Financial support in consultation with MCF if selected to represent Malaysia in designated ASEAN/Asian/World Youth competitions.