Today is the orientation day for 2009 Year 1 SKBJ pupils. This year there are nine (9) clasesfor Year 1 which beginning this year will be using new names of different trees such as Ara, Angsana and Bakau compared to previous years of Dedali, Keranji and Meranti. The program started at 8.30 am where all the new Year 1 pupils were lined up according to their respective classes and given temporary name cards. Whereas the parents were sitting in the school hall for the briefing session.
The children were in their school uniform while their parents were looking at them with all sorts of expectations, hope and wonders. Several parents escorted their children to the classes eventhough they should not be as to let the young ones experience themselves the first day at school and be independent.
SKBJ PTA (PIBG) YDP was giving his speech. Some points of his speech :
- SKBJ PTA is doing their best to assist the school to provide better infra
- Security is very important in the school where parents should play their roles as well
- The PTA AGM will be held in March
SKBJ PK Pentadbiran was giving her briefing to the eager parents.
- The number of pupils is increasing whereas the number of staff is 87
- The afternoon school session starts at 1.10 pm until 6.00 pm and 6.30 pm depending on school days
- During the month of January, no need to bring books
- Parents should be waiting at the school canteen instead of crowding the assembly field or near classes
- The free text books shall be wrapped properly and taken care
- Parents should educate their children on buying food and drinks
All the Year 1 class teachers were introduced to the parents. They are very experienced and choosen ones to teach Year 1 pupils.