Two SKBJians had participated in the recent UPSI (Universiti Perguruan Sultan Idris) Chess Open. Class 5 Chengal Anis Fariha and her Class 1 Bakau younger brother, Fahim Al-Faqeh, had entered the Primary School (Sekolah Rendah) category.
They had to play seven rounds in Swiss System format of 60-minute time control game. The tournament was held at Bitarasiswa hall for two days on 24th and 25th October 2009. They were among 72 Under-12 chess players in the tournament.
Below are their full results.
Anis Fariha, SKBJ Girls team member, was placed 33th position after 3 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses (3+1=3-). Below is her full rounds results.
Round 1 : Won againts Muhammad Noor Hazman MN Hakim (Unrated) playing white on 9th board
Round 2 : Won againts Anas Imran Bin Ezaddin (Unrated) playing black on 9th board
Round 3 : Drew with Puteri Rifqah Fahada (Nat Rating : 1584) playing white on 2nd board
Round 4 : Lose to Tang Wei Kit (Nat Rating : 1415) playing black on 6th board
Round 5 : Won againts Khaw Ker Shean (Nat Rating : 956) playing white on 11th board
Round 6 : Lose to Kelly Lim Pei Ying (Nat Rating : 1314) playing black on 8th board
Round 7 : Lose to Chuah Yi Ning (Nat Rating : 1516) playing white on 11th board
This year edition is a very strong and competitive tournament for Primary School category. Several MSS players were participating. Even three U12 MSS players played in the Open category.
1) Muhd Irfan Haqqim - U12 Boys Individual
2) Noor Azam - U12 Boys Team
3) Puteri Rifqah Fahada - U12 Girls Team
4) Puteri Munajjah Az Zahra - U12 Girls Team
5) Anis Fariha Saleh - U12 Girls Team
6) WCM Nur Nabila Azman - U12 Girls Individual (Open)
7) WFM Nur Nabila Azman - U12 Girls Individual (Open)
MSS Pulau Pinang
1) Ooi Zhi Yang - U12 Boys Individual
2) Khaw Choo Kean - U12 Boys Individual
3) Teh De Zen - U12 Girls Individual
4) Tan Jia Yun - U12 Girls Team
5) Kelly Lim Pei Ying - U12 Girls Team
6) Chuah Yi Ning - U12 Girls Team
7) Tang Wei Kit - U12 Boys Team
8) Lim Winsen - U12 Boys Team
MSS WP KL
1) Amier Hamzah Mohd Zuhri - U12 Boys Individual
2) Camelia Johari - U12 Girls Team (Open)
Fahim Al-Faqeh, who just started playing in chess tournaments several months ago, was placed 44th position after 3 wins and 4 losses (3+0=4-). Below is his full rounds results.
Round 1 : Won againts Syafiqul Hafidz Abd Kadir (Unrated) playing black on 16th board
Round 2 : Lose to Andre Cheong Kai Bin (Nat rating : 1266) playing white on 16th board
Round 3 : Won againts Nurul Syifa M Roslan (Unrated) playing black on 12th board
Round 4 : Lose to Muhamad Khairul Syarifuddin (Unrated) playing white on 12th board
Round 5 : Lose to (Unrated) playing black on 15th board
Round 6 : Won againts Ahmad Afif Zhafran (Unrated) playing white on 21st board
Round 7 : Lose to Nurul Najihah (Unrated) playing black on 17th board